Today we were given the main assessed brief, To design packaging for a new range of tea for the East India Tea Company. However the packaging had to be comprised of typography, specifically lyrics of a chosen song. The lyrics of the song must also be related to the special flavour in the tea.
The first thing I did was create a brainstorm of who I want to aim the tea at. The main categories are as follows:
- Children
- Teenagers
- Young Adults
- Adults
- Elderly
Of course, there is a whole sub-section of male and female within these categories, but for now I need to understand what the best target audience is for tea. I narrowed the target audience down to two different categories: young adults and adults. I made this decision because I believe these two categories appreciate music more than others and would therefore be more interested in the packaging I have been asked to design.
I now must decide on a the lyrics and the particular song I want to base the packaging on. It needs to be something that can be loosely related to things we consume or want because the lyrics must be part of the actual ingredients in some way.
No comments:
Post a Comment