Monday, 23 April 2012

Package design research


 Before I could decide on a shape that would work best for my intended audience, I decided to have a look at what was currently out in the market (above). I therefore obtained several makes of tea from around the world. I noticed that a large majority of these designs all followed a similar style; a rectangular prism shape. The reasoning for this seems to point to function before form and it works; this particular shape allows for more tea to be packaged at once. The only problem I have with this idea is it becomes boring.

Using the same idea of the prism shape but using a triangular prism will make the design more interesting to look at because it is different from its competitors. This is the kind of I will be going for.

Below are some individually taken photos of the packages shows above:







No comments:

Post a Comment