After finishing my first prototype of the packaging, and after my peers had a look at it, I realised many problems with it's design. The biggest problem about it was the thickness of the material I used to make the net with; it was too thin and weak. As you can see above it is slowly falling apart right now. The next things I noticed was the lack of colour, the lack of contents (ingredients label, product description etc.) I noticed that I left the bottom of the prototype completely blank. This could have been filled up with all of the above. Lastly I used tape to secure the net which doesn't look very neat. I tried to use a glue stick but it was too weak. I should use either stronger glue or maybe double-sided tape for a more neater finish in the final prototype.
Monday, 7 May 2012
Self criticism/development
After finishing my first prototype of the packaging, and after my peers had a look at it, I realised many problems with it's design. The biggest problem about it was the thickness of the material I used to make the net with; it was too thin and weak. As you can see above it is slowly falling apart right now. The next things I noticed was the lack of colour, the lack of contents (ingredients label, product description etc.) I noticed that I left the bottom of the prototype completely blank. This could have been filled up with all of the above. Lastly I used tape to secure the net which doesn't look very neat. I tried to use a glue stick but it was too weak. I should use either stronger glue or maybe double-sided tape for a more neater finish in the final prototype.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment